Gourmet Guernsey – Seared Scallops and Bacon
The waters around Guernsey are bursting with succulent sea food. None more so than Guernsey scallops. Try this mouth watering recipe with what I consider the king of all shellfish – Guernsey Scallops.
|Prep Time||:||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||:||5 minutes|
|Total Time||:||20 minutes|
|Serves||:||Use 3 scallops per person for starter or 5 per person as a main course|
- 3 fresh Guernsey Scallops – per person (5 for main course)
(Ask the fishmonger to remove the scallops from the shells, or open and clean them yourself.)
- 3 rashers of streaky bacon – per person (5 for main course)
- Salt & pepper
- Bunch rocket
- A little butter and olive oil mixed
- Gently melt the oil & butter, being careful not to burn it.
- Dry the cleaned Scallops, season and pop them into the oil mix.
- Turn up the heat and cook for about 1/2 a minute on either side.
- Remove from the heat and roll in the bacon, pinning with a cocktail stick.
- Return to the pan and cook gently until the bacon is cooked
- Serve warm with salad or rocket.