Guernsey Whiting Pie
You can’t beat a good piece of local fish. Try out this local lovely … Guernsey Whiting pie.
|Prep Time||:||45 minutes|
|Cook Time||:||30 mins|
|Total Time||:||1 hours 15 mins|
- 57g (2 oz) Guernsey whiting or other locally caught fish
- 568ml (1 pt) Guernsey Milk
- 57g (2 oz) plain flour
- 114g (4 oz) butter
- 3 tbls chopped parsley
- 1 tbls lemon juice
- Some Seasoning
- 900g (2 lbs) freshly cooked potatoes
- 142ml (1/4 pt) Guernsey milk
- 28g (1 oz) butter
- A little nutmeg
- Cook fish in 1/2pt milk (ie half the milk).
- Pour off cooking liquid & keep to one side.
- Remove skin and flake fish into fairly large pieces.
- Make sauce by melting 3oz butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour, gradually add fish liquid gathered earlier and then the remaining milk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the fish, then pour the mix into a 1.5 l (2.5 pt) baking dish, well buttered.
- Cream the cooked potatoes with butter and 1/4pt milk, adding some freshly grated nutmeg
- Spread the creamed potatoes evenly over the fish.
- Bake at 200C (400F; Gas Mk 6) for 30 mins, until the potato topping is golden.
- To make extra special add 4oz peeled prawns or 2oz chopped fried mushrooms and some sweetcorn.
You must be logged in to post a comment.